Defining Bills of Distribution
You can define bills of distribution that specify a multilevel replenishment network of warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing centers (plants), and trading partners.
To define a bill of distribution:
2. Enter a unique bill of distribution name.
3. If the allocation percentage for this bill of distribution equals 100, Planning Active is checked. (See Step 7.)
Note: You cannot set the allocation percentage to less than or greater than 100 for sourcing rules that are already assigned in assignment sets.
4. Choose Copy From to copy the receiving and shipping organization information from another bill of distribution into this one.
5. Enter the effectivity dates for each receiving organization in this bill of distribution.
6. For each receiving organization, you can enter a number of shipping organizations. For each shipping organization, select a sourcing type to specify whether you make, buy, or internally transfer the item. You can also copy a list of shipping organizations from an existing bill of distribution.
Note: Suppliers and supplier sites must be predefined in Oracle Payables. See: About Suppliers.
Note: For bills of distribution that are already named in assignment sets, you cannot set the allocation percentage to less than or greater than 100.
8. Enter a numeric rank value to prioritize each sourcing type.
If you have two sources with the same allocation percentage, planned orders are sourced in rank order.
To copy shipping organizations from an existing bill of distribution:
This feature allows you to include long, previously defined lists of shipping organizations without manual entry.
1. Select a sourcing type to specify whether you make, buy, or internally transfer the item.
2. Choose Copy Shipping Orgs From.
3. In the Find window, select a bill of distribution that includes the shipping organizations you want to duplicate in this new bill of distribution.
To purge a bill of distribution:
1. Select a bill of distribution name.
Sourcing Rules and Bills of Distribution
Viewing Sourcing Rules
Viewing Bills of Distribution
Viewing Sourcing Rule and Bill of Distribution Assignments
Viewing the Sourcing Assignment Hierarchy
Displaying an Indented Where Used
Displaying an Indented Bill
Defining Inter-Organization Shipping Networks
Defining Shipping Methods