After establishing a project MRP environment, you must define an DRP, MPS, or MRP name. See: Defining MRP Names.
To review or add Project MRP plan options:
3. Check Pegging. This will optionally allow you to set a Reservation Level and a Hard Pegging Level when in a projects environment. (It will also allow you to generate a graphical pegging display, if the pegging attribute for your item is not set to None.)
Reservation Level: Determine how the planning process will pre-allocate project/Seiban supply to project/Seiban demand. This will control only those items whose item attributes have been set to Soft Pegging, End Assembly/Soft Pegging, Hard Pegging, or End Assembly/Hard Pegging.
- Planning Group: Reserve project-specific supply and demand at the planning group level. Supply for one project can be reserved against demand from another project, if both projects belong to the same planning group.
- If reservation level is project supply from due project, it cannot be given a demand from another project. Only soft pegged items excess project supply can be allocated to other projects.
- Task: Reserve supply for a project-task against demand for the same project-task only.
- None: The planning process does not operate in a project manufacturing environment.
Hard Pegging Level: For hard pegged items, determine if project references will be added to planned orders. This will control only those items whose item attributes have been set to Hard Pegging or End Assembly/Hard Pegging. Suggested planned orders for such items will be assigned at one of the following levels.
- Project: Attach the project number to which the planned order is hard pegged.
- Project-task: Attach the project and task number to which the planned order is hard pegged.
See: Reviewing or Adding Plan Options for additional plan options.
- None: Do not add project/task references to planned orders.
Overview of Project MRP
Setting Up Project MRP in Oracle Projects
Setting Up Project MRP in Oracle Inventory
Setting Up Project MRP in Oracle Project Manufacturing
Launching a Project MRP Plan
Before launching, insure that project demand is loaded into your MDS via forecast consumption entries and sales orders, or choose MRP/DRP/MPS plans with firm planned orders.
After establishing a project MRP environment and adding your Project MRP plan options, perform the following tasks before setting plan level options.