Overview of Costing
Costing is the processing of expenditures to calculate their cost to each project and determine the GL accounts to which the costs will be posted. Costing is performed for the following types of expenditures:
- Miscellaneous Transactions
The Costing process includes the following steps:
1. Calculate raw cost (Quantity X Rate).
- Create Related Items Procedure
- Determine account numbers to post to in Oracle General Ledger
This chapter describes this process in detail using Labor Costing as an example of the costing process. We also describe the use of burden schedules and overrides, and discuss the entire cost plus processing feature in Oracle Projects.
- Create cost distribution lines
Note: If your transactions are not costing properly, you can view rejection reasons in the Expenditure Items window. From the Folder menu, choose the Show Field option to display all cost distribution rejections.
Cost Flow Diagram