Deleting a Project
Typically, you want to delete a project if you mistakenly create it, or use the wrong template.
You cannot delete a project if you have performed any of the following for that project:
- Allocated funding (for contract projects)
If you cannot delete the project from the system due to the constraints above, you can disable the project by preventing future charges to it.
- Created billing events (for contract projects)
To delete a project:
- Navigate to the Projects window, find the project you want to delete, and choose Edit, Delete Row from the menu or the toolbar.
To disable a project you cannot delete:
2. Change the project status or the start and completion dates to prevent new charges to the project. See: Project Statuses.
3. Close the project to prevent new charges, and to prevent revenue accrual and invoicing for the project.
Attention: You must process any revenue and invoices for the project before you can close the project.