Siebel eService Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel eService for Siebel Automotive > About Preventive Maintenance >
Sharing Preventive Maintenance Documents with Customers
You can share preventive maintenance documents with customers by adding the documents as attachments to preventive maintenance plans in Siebel Automotive. For example, you can create a document with detailed instructions for servicing the automobile, and attach it to the appropriate preventive maintenance plan.
Then, customers who use that preventive maintenance plan can display the document by clicking a preventive maintenance action in the Actions list in Siebel eService for Automotive, to display a form with detailed information about the action and a list of attachments. The customer can click on any attachment in the list to download and display the document.
To share a preventive maintenance document with a customer
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map >Preventive Maintenance >Preventive Maintenance.
- In the Plans list, select the record for the plan that the document applies to.
- Click the Attachments view tab.
- In the Attachments list, click New.
A new record is added to the list.
- In the Attachment Name field of the new record, click the select button.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, click the Browse button.
- In the Choose File dialog box, select the file that you want to add as an attachment and click Open.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, click Add.
The file is added as an attachment to the plan.