Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > For Developers: Workflow Process Steps > About Process Properties >
Defining Process Properties
Process properties are the variable data you enter as you define workflow processes in the Process Designer within Siebel Tools. You use the WF Process Props applet in the Object List Editor (OBLE). You can define process properties step-by-step as you diagram a workflow process, or you can draw the workflow process diagram and then later define properties for the steps that make up the workflow process.
To define process properties
- Depending on your situation, do one of the following:
- If in the process of creating a new workflow process, begin from Step 11.
- If defining process properties for an existing workflow process, navigate to the Palette Designer for the workflow process. From within an existing workflow process, having the process selected in the OBLE's Workflow Processes list applet, right-click and choose Edit Workflow Process.
- In the Palette Designer, right-click and choose Show Process Properties.
The WF Process Props applet appears below the Palette Designer.
- In the WF Process Props applet, right-click and choose New Record.
- Enter a name for the process property.
NOTE: See Naming Conventions for Workflow Processes and Process Properties for reserved symbols, such as the period (".") character, that cannot be used in a process property name.
- Select a data type code from the picklist.
The choices are:
- Enter a default string value, date value, or number value, if applicable.
This is the value of the process property at the start of process execution.
- Repeat Step 3 through Step 6 to define additional properties as necessary.