Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Sales Crediting >
Running the Rule Manager Business Service
After setting up the Sales Crediting Engine, you may need to run the Incentive Compensation Rule Manager Business Service.
This process involves the following steps:
- Verifying the crediting rules
- Synchronize Batch Components
- Submit component server request
To verify the crediting rules
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Incentive Compensation Sales Hierarchies > All Territories.
- In the All Territories list, click the Crediting Rules view tab, and in the Crediting Rules list, search for the rules.
To synchronize batch components
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Server Administration > Enterprise Configuration.
- In the Enterprise Component Groups list, select the Batch Component Administration view tab.
- In the Batch Components list, click Synchronize.
This step is only performed once for each server installation.
The Credit Assignment group server components, including the Rule Manager Service, are visible.
To submit a component request
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Server Component Request > My Component Requests.
- In the Component Requests form, click New.
- In the Component Requests form, click the select button in the Component/Job field, and then choose Incentive Compensation Rule Manager Business Svc.
- In the Component Request Parameters form, click New.
- In the Name field, enter Range of Days and fill in an appropriate value.
The value (>0) should be the number of days (from today) for the earlier or latest hierarchy version for which rules will be generated. If the rules that you create are not for the default organization, enter the organization name.
- In the My Component Requests form, click Submit.
The Rule Manager finishes successfully and starts the Credit Rules to Assignment Manager's Rules Update Manager. You can check the Update Manager and Manager Service log files for any errors.