About Adaptive Tags
AquaLogic Interaction and AquaLogic Ensemble provide a
collection of useful XML tags that can be included in the markup returned
by any gatewayed page, including pagelets.
Using the attributes defined in the tag, the gateway transforms
the XML and replaces it with standard HTML to be displayed in a browser.
For example, when used in a banner pagelet in the ALI portal, the
following code is replaced with the date and time in the current user's
The adaptive tag libraries provide access to a wide range of components.
For details on adaptive tag libraries, see the following topics:
For detailed information on using tags, see Adaptive Tag Development Tips.
For information on how the portal processes tags, see About Adaptive Tag Control Flow. You
can also create custom tags; for details, see Creating Custom Adaptive Tags.
For a full list of tags and attributes, see the tagdocs. Tagdocs
for all platforms are available on the API Libraries page.
- About ALI Adaptive Tag LibrariesThe ALI portal tag libraries include tags to display portal navigation components, portal UI components, and standard UI elements.
- About Cross-Platform Adaptive Tag LibrariesCross-product adaptive tag libraries provide key functionality for use in pagelets that work in both ALI and Ensemble.
- Adaptive Tag Development TipsThese syntax rules and tips apply to all adaptive tags.
- Using Internationalized Strings in Adaptive TagsAdaptive tag attribute value replacement allows you to display localized content based on the current user's portal locale.
- Using Variables in Adaptive TagsAdaptive tag attribute value replacement allows you to access data stored in memory.
- Standard Adaptive Tag Library (pt:standard)Adaptive tags can be used to build links to a variety of ALI portal resources. The Standard tag library (pt:standard) allows you to create links to specific portal objects, the portal login page, or to specific portlets. You can also build gatewayed URLs, disable URL transformation, and enable Hosted Display Mode for gatewayed pages.
- Logic Adaptive Tag Library (pt:logic)Logic tags handle basic logic, including creating data objects and collections, setting shared variables, evaluating expressions, and looping over a data collection.
- Navigation Adaptive Tag Library (pt:plugnav)In AquaLogic Interaction 6.0 and above, customizing navigation can be implemented without coding against the portal UI. The Navigation tag library (pt:plugnav) is used to manage display of navigation elements.
- UI Adaptive Tag Library (pt:ptui)UI tags allow you to add standard portal UI components to any portlet in the ALI portal, including search inputs and buttons, login components, access to account settings, and more.
- Data Adaptive Tag Library (pt:ptdata)The Data tag library (pt:ptdata) provides access to URLs for most navigation-related components, such as a user’s my pages, my communities, subcommunities, my account page or administration.
- Ensemble Adaptive Tag Library (pt:ensemble)The Ensemble tag library (pt:ensemble) provides tags to insert pagelets in Ensemble consumer pages and access authentication and role information for Ensemble resources.
- Pages Adaptive Tag Library (pt:pages)AquaLogic Pages is delivered with a set of adaptive tags to add links to Pages LiveSpaces and DataSpaces to pagelets or portal navigation, allowing users to navigate to Pages components from within an ALI or Ensemble page.
- Pathways Search Adaptive Tag Library (pt:pathways)AquaLogic Pathways is delivered with a set of adaptive tags to add Pathways UI elements to the ALI portal UI, allowing users to access Pathways search from a portal page.
- About Adaptive Tag Control FlowThis page describes the control flow of a typical portal request that makes use of Adaptive Tags.
- Creating Custom Adaptive TagsThe Adaptive Tag Framework allows you to create custom tags for use in pagelets and gatewayed pages.