Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Adobe Forms Integration >
Creating an Integration Object for Adobe Forms Integration
The following procedure provides information about how to create a new integration object for Adobe forms integration by using Siebel Tools and the source object Contact. For more information about how to create an integration object, see XML Reference: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration, Siebel Tools Online Help, and Using Siebel Tools.
NOTE: When you create the Integration Object for forms integration, make sure not to include fields that include a period (.) in the name. Adobe Designer does not support fields with this character.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Adobe Forms Integration.
To create an integration object
- From Object Explorer in Siebel Tools, query for the project (for example, Contacts), and then lock the project.
- Choose File, then New Object, and from the New Objects Wizard dialog box click the EAI tab and choose Integration Object.
- From the Integration Object Builder wizard screen, complete the following steps:
- Select a project.
For example, select Contact as the project.
- Specify the source application of the new Integration Object (business service), and then click Next.
For example, select EAI Siebel Wizard.
- Select the source object for the new Integration Object from the list.
For example, select Contact.
- Enter a name for the Integration Object.
For example, name the object Contact_Form_Integration. The name must be unique among all of the Integration Objects in Projects.
- Select the appropriate check boxes to activate the components for the Integration Object.
For example, expand the Contacts object hierarchy, and select the check box for the appropriate item to choose Contact_Personal Address and Contact_Opportunity.
NOTE: Developers might want to include multiple integration components when the integration object is built, so that the integration object can be reused for many different forms and so that the required maintenance for integration objects is reduced.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Select the integration object, right-click, and choose Validate.