Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Adobe Forms Integration >
Process of Setting Up Adobe Forms Integration
To set up Adobe forms integration, complete the following tasks:
- Install the required Adobe software. For more information, see Preparing for Adobe Forms Integration Setup.
- Use Siebel Tools to create the Adobe Web service. For more information, see Creating the Web Service for Adobe Forms Integration.
- Configure the Adobe Web service. For more information, see Configuring the Web Service for Adobe Forms Integration.
- (Optional) If forms integration functionality is required for business objects other than those that are preconfigured for Siebel Public Sector, use Siebel Tools to add Adobe forms integration functionality. For more information, see Enabling Forms Integration for Additional Applets Using Siebel Tools.
- During the design process, use Siebel Tools to create an integration object for the selected business component. For more information, see Creating an Integration Object for Adobe Forms Integration.
- In Siebel Public Sector, a preconfigured integration object named PUB Immigration Contact is provided. For Siebel Business Applications, a Sample Contact integration object is provided. Verify that both objects are active; make sure that the Inactive check box is not selected.
- Generate the XML schema document. For more information, see Generating an XML Schema for Forms Integration.
NOTE: Administrators can generate a schema, import the XML schema, and then map the schema to fields on a PDF using either XSD or XML data. In this process, XML is used in the procedures.
- In Adobe Designer, import the XML schema, and then map the schema to fields on the PDF form. For more information, see Mapping the XML Schema to the PDF Form Using Adobe Designer.
- In a Siebel application, create a form record that points to the PDF file. For more information, see Creating the Form Record Referencing the PDF File.