Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Opportunity Workflows >
Setting Up Opportunity Notification Workflows
Follow these steps to correctly set up the opportunity workflows:
- In Siebel Tools, revise all Siebel workflows so that they are editable and have a status of In Progress. All Siebel workflows are initially inactive and cannot be edited. Make any necessary changes and activate the workflows. For more information about how to revise Siebel workflows, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
- Verify that the Workflow Server component and the Communication Manager component are enabled and running. For detailed instructions, see Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network.
NOTE: For Siebel CRM product releases 184.108.40.206 and later and for 220.127.116.11 and later, the system requirements and supported platform certifications are available from the Certification tab on My Oracle Support. For information about the Certification application, see article 1492194.1 (Article ID) on My Oracle Support.
- Create a communications profile called Opportunity Notification Profile for the Internet SMTP/POP3 Server driver. Enter the appropriate values in the From Address and in the SMTP Server parameter overrides for the profile. For more information about implementing and configuring communications integrations for your Siebel Business Applications, including creating profiles for the Internet SMTP/POP3 Server driver, see Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide.
- Set up and activate the workflows and policies.
- Load the run-time events for the emails. For more information about run-time events, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
- Generate the triggers. For more information about how to generate triggers, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
- Run the workflow monitoring agent. For more information about the workflow monitoring agent, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.