Siebel Reports Guide > Customizing Siebel CRM Reports > Specifying the Siebel CRM Data That Report Templates Use >
Creating XML Files from Integration Objects
This topic describes how to create the XML files that Siebel CRM uses to run a report. You use the Sample Data File Generation view to choose the integration object that provides the Siebel CRM data that Siebel CRM displays in a report.
To create XML files from integration objects
- Log in to the Siebel client with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the Administration - BIP Publisher Reports screen, and then the Sample Data File Generation view.
- In the Sample Data File Generation list, choose an integration object.
- Click Generate Sample XML.
Siebel CRM creates an XML file and names it using the following format:
- Save the file in the following folder:
You can now create a report template that uses this XML data. For more information, see Creating Report Templates.
Creating XML Files from Integration Objects for All Files
Siebel CRM saves only some of the input and output data when it creates a sample XML data file. Oracle BI Publisher Desktop might not display fields that do not contain data, such as a multivalue field. This topic describes how to create XML data for all files, including these files that Oracle BI Publisher Desktop might not display.
To create XML files from integration objects for all files
- Open Siebel Tools.
- In the Object Explorer, click Integration Object.
- In the Integration Objects list, locate an integration object.
- In the Integration Objects list, click Generate Schema.
- In the Generate XML Schema dialog box, choose a business service, envelope type, and a file name that you can locate in Windows Explorer, and then click Finish.
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the file you specified in Step 5, and then rename the file with an .xsd extension.
- Use the Oracle BI Publisher menu in Microsoft Word to load the file you renamed in Step 6.
All fields are now available for use in a report template. For more information, see About Oracle BI Publisher Desktop. For more information about creating an XML schema, see Transports and Interfaces: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.