Create a Snapshot of the Switch State (Web)
Before You Begin
The snapshot utility collects log files, executes various commands and collects their output,
and sends the data collected to a user-defined location as a .zip file. The
data set selected determines what data is to be included in the snapshot.
See Snapshot Dataset Information (Web).
The snapshot describes the state of the switch at a particular moment in
time. This can be used for fault diagnosis.
- Access the Oracle ILOM web interface.
See Access Oracle ILOM From the Web Interface.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click the Snapshot subtab.
The Service Snapshot Utility window opens.
- Select the data set from the Data Set drop-down menu.
See the table in Snapshot Dataset Information (Web).
- If you chose the Custom data set, check the data that you want
to include in the snapshot.
Note - Selecting the Full data set or checking the Diagnostic Data checkbox might reset
the host during the snapshot process.
- If you want only log files, check the Enabled box to the right
of Collect Only Log Files From Data Set.
- Select the transfer protocol from the Transfer Method drop-down menu.
- Provide the host IP address or host name, file path, user name, and
password into the respective fields.
- Click Run.