Install a Storage Drive
- Remove the replacement drive from its packaging and place the drive on an antistatic
- If necessary, remove the blank drive filler panel.
- Align the replacement drive to the drive slot.
The drive is physically addressed according to the slot in which it is
installed. It is important to install a replacement drive in the same slot
as the drive that was removed.
- Slide the drive into the bay until the drive is fully seated .
- Close the drive latch to lock the drive in place .
- Perform administrative tasks to reconfigure the drive.
The procedures that you perform at this point depend on how your data
is configured. You might need to partition the drive, create file systems, load
data from backups, or have the drive updated from a RAID configuration.