Install a Fan Module
- Remove the replacement fan module from its packaging and place it on an
- With the fan door open, install the replacement fan module into the server.
The fan modules are keyed to ensure that they are installed in the
Figure 48 Installing a Fan Module
- Press down on the fan module and apply firm pressure to fully seat
the fan module.
- Verify that the Fan status LED that aligns with the replaced fan module
is lit green.
- Close the fan door.
- Verify that the Top Fan LED on the front of the server and
the Service Required LEDs on the front and rear of the server are
See About Controls and Connectors for more information about identifying and interpreting system LEDs.
- Consider your next step:
If you installed the fan module as part of another procedure, return to that procedure.
Otherwise, return the server to operation.
See Returning the Server to Operation.