Install a Power Supply
- Remove the replacement power supply from its packaging and place it on an
- Align the replacement power supply with the empty power supply bay.
- Slide the power supply into the bay until it is fully seated.
Listen for the audible click when the power supply fully seats.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power supply.
- Verify that the amber LED on the replaced power supply and the Service
Required LEDs on the chassis are not lit.
- If you pulled the server out of the rack to make it easier
to remove the power supply, push the server into the rack until the
slide-rail locks (on the front of the server) engage the slide-rail assemblies.
You will hear an audible click when the server is in the
normal rack position.
Note - After you have replaced Power Supply 0, you must reset the ILOM service
processor (SP) to propagate the FRU top-level indicator (TLI) data to the new
power supply. For instructions on resetting the SP, see the Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) 3.1 Configuration and Maintenance Guide at http://www.oracle.com/goto/ILOM/docs. Power
Supply 1 does not contain FRU TLI data, and therefore does not require
an SP reset after replacement.