Remove the Fan Board
Caution - These procedures require that you handle components that are sensitive to ESD. This sensitivity
can cause the component to fail. To avoid damage, ensure that you follow
antistatic practices as described in ESD Measures.
This is a cold service procedure that must be performed by qualified service
personnel. The system must be completely powered down before performing this procedure. See
Cold Service, Replaceable by Authorized Service Personnel for more information about this category of service procedures.
- Prepare for servicing:
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
- Power off the server and unplug power cords from the power supplies.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Top Cover.
- Remove all fan modules.
See Remove a Fan Module.
- Remove all memory risers.
See Remove a Memory Riser.
- Disconnect any cables plugged into the USB or video connectors on the front
of the server.
- Remove the fan board by completing the following tasks.
- Loosen the three captive screws connecting the front memory riser guide to the
- Remove the two screws on each side of the outside of the chassis
that hold the fan board in place and unplug the fan board and
power cables from motherboard.
- Remove the front memory riser guide by pulling it up and out of
- Pull the fan board back and out of chassis.