Install a DIMM
A DIMM is a cold-service component that can be replaced by a customer.
Caution - Do not leave DIMM slots empty. You must install filler panels in all
empty DIMM slots.
- Consider your first steps:
- Unpack the replacement DIMMs and place them on an antistatic mat.
- Ensure that the ejector tabs on the connector that will receive the DIMM
are in the open position.
- Align the DIMM notch with the key in the connector.
Caution - Ensure that the orientation is correct. The DIMM might be damaged if the
orientation is reversed.
- Push the DIMM into the connector until the ejector tabs lock the DIMM
If the DIMM does not easily seat into the connector, check the DIMM's
- Repeat Step 3 through Step 5 until all new DIMMs are installed.
- Finish the installation procedure: