Remove a PCIe Card
Caution - This procedure requires that you handle components that are sensitive to ESD. This
sensitivity can cause the component to fail. To avoid damage, ensure that you follow
antistatic practices as described in ESD Measures.
This procedure can be performed by customers. The system must be completely powered
down before performing this procedure. See Cold Service, Replaceable by Customer for more information about cold service
- Prepare for servicing:
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
- Power off the server and disconnect all power cords from the server power
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Top Cover
- Locate the PCIe card that you want to remove.
See Rear Components for information about PCIe slots and their locations.
- If necessary, make a note of where the PCIe cards are installed.
- Unplug all data cables from the PCIe card.
Note the location of all cables for reinstallation later.
- Remove the PCIe card filler panel by completing the following tasks.
- Disengage the PCIe card slot crossbar from its locked position and rotate the
crossbar to an upright position.
- Carefully remove the PCIe card from the card slot.