Install the Hard Drive Fan
Installing the hard drive fan is a cold-service operation. You must power off
the server before installing the hard drive fan.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a hard drive fan, remove the faulty or obsolete hard drive fan first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Hard Drive Fan.
If you are installing the hard drive fan as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the hard drive fan to the location where it installs into the
The arrow is on the top and is pointing towards the power supplies.
The power cable is toward the motherboard.
- Lower the hard drive fan into the chassis (pane 1).
- Connect the hard drive fan power cable to the signal interface board (pane
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the hard drive fan as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 6.
If you installed the hard drive fan as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.
- Finish the installation procedure.