Install SAS Cable for Sun Storage 6 Gb SAS PCIe RAID HBA, Internal
This HBA requires a special SAS cable (530-4088-01) that ships with the card,
or that you order separately as an option (X8224A-N). Also refer to the
Sun Storage 6 Gb SAS PCIe RAID HBA, Internal Installation Guide for additional details.
- Install the card in PCIe slot 0.
See Install a PCIe2 Card Into the PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Remove the existing SAS cable connected to the hard drive backplane connector and
the motherboard near slot 0 (pane 1).
- Connect the new SAS cable's PCIe connector to port SAS0 on the HBA
- Route the SAS cable as shown in the figure and connect the SAS
connector to the connector on the hard drive backplane (pane 2).
- Finish the installation procedure.