Install the Signal Interface Board
Installing the signal interface board is a cold-service operation. You must power off
the server before installing the signal interface board.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a signal interface board, remove the faulty or obsolete signal interface board first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Signal Interface Board.
If you are installing the signal interface board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the signal interface board to the location where it installs into the
The bus bars are toward the center of the chassis, with the red
bus bar toward the front of the chassis.
- Lower the signal interface board into the chassis (pane 1).
- Loosely install the two screws that secure the signal interface board to the
- Install and tighten the four bus bar screws and tighten the two screws
securing the signal interface board to the chassis (pane 3).
Note - Ensure that the bus bar screws are securely tightened.
- Attach all cables to the signal interface board and attach the signal cable
to the hard drive backplane (pane 4).
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the signal interface board as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 8.
If you installed the signal interface board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.
- Install the DVD tray.
See Install the DVD Tray.
- Install the hard drive fan.
See Install the Hard Drive Fan.
- Install the right most fan.
See Install a Fan Module.
- Finish the installation procedure.