Purpose: Use this screen to indicate whether it is possible to manually apply promotions to an order, or if the system automatically applies eligible promotions if an order qualifies.
Yes/No field: Select this field to have the open in order entry so that you can enter a promotion whose Required entry flag is selected. Also, if this system control value is selected, you can apply eligible promotions through the generic order API by passing the promotions in the inbound order message.
Background on promotions: Promotions are a way to apply discounts, shipping upgrades, or free gifts to an order based on various criteria such as merchandise total, payment method, source code, offer, or ship via. See for more background.
About Required entry: You use the Required entry flag for a promotion to specify whether the system can apply the promotion automatically if the order qualifies, or if manual entry is required. Promotions whose Required entry flag is unselected can apply to orders regardless of the setting of the Allow Manual Entry of Promotion Code system control value, while promotions that are flagged for required entry will never apply to orders if the system control value is unselected.
If this system control value is selected:
• Order Entry: When you select the Reprice option for an order in order entry, you advance to the . At this window, you can enter any promotions you would like to apply to the order. When you accept the order, the system:
- Verifies that the order qualifies for the specified promotion(s); if not, it removes the promotion. For example, if the promotion has a dollar requirement and you cancel an order line, the order might no longer qualify.
- Applies any eligible promotions that do not have the Required entry flag selected, including promotions with pay type qualifiers. An order is eligible for one promotion of various types, including freight, additional freight, and order or tiered; item category and BOGO promotions can apply to different order lines on the same order. See for more information on the logic that the system uses to apply promotions to an order.
- Writes an Order Transaction History message indicating each promotion that was applied, either automatically or through manual entry. If the order no longer qualifies for a promotion specified at the , the system does not apply it to the order and writes an Order Transaction History message indicating that the promotion was not applied.
• Order API: If the specifies one or more promotions, the system confirms that each promotion code specified is valid and that the order qualifies for it before applying it to the order. If the promotion code is invalid, the system puts the order in error with a reason of Invalid Promotion Code. Also:
- The system uses the same logic as in interactive order entry to apply any promotions that are not flagged for required entry, and writes Order Transaction History messages as described above.
- If the order does not qualify for a promotion, the system does not apply it to the order; however, it does not put the order in error. Instead, it writes an Order Transaction History message indicating that the promotion was not applied.
- Depending on the types of promotions applied, they may be included in the CWOrderOut response sent back to the web storefront; the effects of the discounting applied through any promotions are also reflected in the contents of the response message. See .
Unselect this field if you never need to specify a promotion to apply to the order, and instead want the system to automatically apply any qualifying promotions. In this case:
• Order Entry: When you select the Reprice option, you do not have an opportunity to enter any promotions at the ; instead, the system evaluates all promotion types (order/tiered, freight, additional freight, item category, and BOGO) independently, using the hierarchy described under , applying a promotion of each type to the order ship-to if it qualifies.
Important: With this system control value setting, if the Required entry flag for a promotion is selected, the system will never apply it to an order.
• When you accept the order, the system re-evaluates the order for qualifying promotions, including promotions with pay type qualifiers. You can review the promotion(s) applied to the order at the in standard order inquiry or by selecting History in streamlined order inquiry.
• If the specifies any promotions, the system ignores them. Instead, it evaluates the order and applies promotions automatically based on the order’s eligibility, as in order entry. Additionally, depending on the types of promotions applied, they may be included in the CWOrderOut response sent back to the web storefront, and the effects of the discounting applied through any promotions are also reflected in the contents of the response message. See .
Factors that affect window and screen flow: The window and screen flow in order entry when you reprice an order varies, depending on the system control value settings and other values in your company. See for more information.
For more information: See: