After you configure and enable a YouTube content connector, you can connect to YouTube and pull required content from it into Oracle Content and Experience.
To configure a YouTube content connector:
- Get the Oracle Content and Experience host name and authorization URL details.
- Sign in to Oracle Content and Experience as an Administrator or Developer.
- Click Integrations in the Administration area of the navigation menu on the left.
- In the Integrations menu, choose Content Connectors.
- Click the check box next to the Youtube content connector.
- Click Create.
- You can override the default content connector settings, as described in Enable a Content Connector.
- Enter any name and give the Connector Service URL.
- Click Verify Settings.
This lists the custom fields of the YouTube content connector.
In the Connector Tags field, you can assign tags for assets that the content connector pulls into Oracle Content and Experience.
- Sign in to https://console.developers.google.com/ and create a new project.
Give your project a name, and click CREATE.
- Go to the project and the Library page from the left corner icon in the navigation menu, and click ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES.
- Search for the Youtube Data API v3 library, select it, and enable it.
- Click Create Credentials and then API key in the drop-down menu. Note the value of API Key. This is the Developer Key you'll enter in Oracle Content and Experience when you configure the YouTube connector.
- Specify a value for Application Name, which can be anything.
- Click Save.
- Make sure Enabled for end users is selected.
- Map source metadata to content types for the connector.
When you configure a content connector, you can do field mapping from source metadata to content type fields. A repository administrator or system administrator can allow creation of content types for a connector. You can create content types on the Mappings tab of the Connector Settings page. To map source metadata to a content type:
- Sign in to Oracle Content and Experience as a system administrator and click Integrations under Administration in the left navigation menu.
- On the Assets page, click Create.
- On the Create Repository page, define
- Specify the connector name, publishing channels, languages, and other options.
- Under the Connectors option,
select Youtube from the drop-down menu to
associate the YouTube content connector with the repository.
If the YouTube connector has content types associated with it, the types appear under the Content Types option. If you want the content connector to have additional fields, you can add them on the Mappings tab of the Connector Settings page.
If the Allow Content Type Creation check box on the General tab is selected, the mapping of source metadata to Oracle Content and Experience content types will be automatically populated. You can change the automatic mapping on the Connector Settings page.
- If the Allow Content Type Creation check
box on the General tab is not selected, you need to
map the source metadata to Oracle Content and Experience content types on the Connector Settings page:
- On the Mappings tab, choose a source type from the Source Content Type drop-down menu and an Oracle Content and Experience type from the OCE Content Type drop-down menu, such as YoutubeVideos, to map the Source Data Field to the Target Data Field.
- Repeat for each source content type.
- Click Save.
- Enable a Content Connector.
This type mapping must be done for all source types before the content connector is enabled. If you want to change the mapping, you need to disable the connector, make your changes, and then enable the connector again. Whenever an administrator saves the connector after modifying a content type, the connector framework will attempt to seed the content type again. If you remove any associated content type that is required for the selected connector, the save will fail.
- Create Content Items.
- Associate the connector with one or more asset repositories.
- Click Assets in the Administration area of the navigation menu on the left.
- Open an existing repository, or click Create to create a new one.
- If you're creating a new repository, specify the repository name, publishing channels, languages, and other options. You need to configure the languages that are expected from the connector. For example, some of the languages that YouTube supports are en, en-CB, and en-AU. If these are not configured, content item creation may fail.
- Under Connectors, select
Youtube to associate the YouTube content
connector with the repository.
This menu lists all the content connectors that have been configured and enabled in your Oracle Content and Experience instance.
If any of the connectors you select have content types associated with them, the types appear under Content Types.