Why Integrate with Oracle Visual Builder?
You can allow your users to access Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service functionality. Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS) is a hosted environment for your application development infrastructure. It provides an open-source standards-based integration to develop, collaborate on, and deploy applications within Oracle Cloud. This enables users to rapidly create web and mobile applications with minimal to no coding.
- Integration between these services requires SSO, so both services must be in the same identity domain.
- Only administrators with the enterprise user role can enable integration with VBCS. If you aren’t an enterprise user, the Visual Builder Cloud Service Integration option is grayed out.
There are prerequisites to integrating Oracle Content Management with Oracle Visual Builder. Integrations generally require configurations in both applications that are being integrated. So check the documentation on both sides. In addition to the requirements on the OCM side, you need a subscription for the product that you intend to integrate with OCM.
On the VBCS side, the following must be done before this feature can be used with Oracle Content Management:
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) must be enabled on the VBCS site.
- Apps must be created and made available for embedding.
- The apps must be configured for use with Oracle Content Management.
- Web applications must be created and made available for embedding in an iframe.
- The Sites SDK must be imported.
- The Sites SDK must be referenced in the web applications.
- A page URL parameter called “id” must be added to the web applications.
On the Oracle Content Management side, you need to configure integration with VBCS:
- After you sign in to the Oracle Content Management web application as an administrator, click Integrations in the Administration area of the navigation menu.
Under Oracle Integrations, select Visual Builder Cloud Service Integration to enable the service.
Enter the Service URL of the Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service.
Note:If you have Universal Credits subscription, you must include ic/builder in your Service URL. For example, https://vbcsserver.example.com/ic/builder.
After both services have been configured for integration, Oracle Content Management users can create components for your VBCS apps and add them to site pages.
- Use Oracle Content Management Components in Oracle Visual Builder Applications
- Embed Oracle Visual Builder Applications in an Oracle Content Management Site Page
- Build an Oracle Content Management VBCS Form and Data Report Components
- Build an Oracle Content Management VBCS Secure Form Component
- Provide a VBCS Endpoint As a URL for Select Menus