After you import the user accounts, if a matching user account doesn’t exist in Oracle Identity Cloud Service, you can either assign the user account to an existing user or create a new user for the user account.
If the imported user account exists, an exact match is found and no further action is required. The synchronization status of the user account is set as confirmed.
Assign an Existing User
You can assign an existing user to the imported user account in the Import tab if the user is present in Oracle Identity Cloud Service and the import failed to match the user.
- Select Assign Existing User option from the Select an Action drop-down list.
- In the Assign User window, search for an existing user, select the required user and click OK.
Create and Link a New User with the User Account
You can create a new user and link the user with the imported user account in the Import tab if there are no existing users to assign.
- Select Create New User and Link option from the Select an Action drop-down list.
- In the Add User window, enter the following user details: First Name, Last Name, User Name or Email.
- Select Use the email address as the user name option if you want to use the email address as your user name and click OK.
Manage Synchronized User Accounts
You can activate, deactivate, assign and revoke imported user accounts from the Users tab.
To activate an imported user account, select the Action menu, and click Activate.
To deactivate an imported user account, select the Action menu, and click Deactivate.
To remove any imported user account, select the user, and click Revoke.
To assign any other user to the application apart from the synchronized users from the flat file, click Assign. Choose a user from the list of existing users and click OK. The assigned user account is displayed and is in an activated state.