When you open an alert from the Alerts list, you can view the instructions, answer any required questions, and add comments or viewers.
If needed, you can create alerts on alerts. For example, this would allow you to create sub-alerts for a "System Down" issue to work separately on network and power issues.
When you are done updating alert information, you can perform actions on the alert, depending on your role and the alert status.
Updating Alert Information
To update alert information:
- On the Home page, click Alerts card to open the Alerts main page.
- From the Alert list, select and open an alert.
Optional: To update the alert properties, select the Properties drawer on the right, and edit the properties as needed.
If you are the assignee, you can edit the Name, Priority, Owner, End Date and Description.
If you are the Approver, you can edit the Name and Priority.
- Optional: Select the Instructions drawer on the right, and if any instructions are attached to the alert, perform the required instructions.
- Optional: Click the Workflow drawer on the right to view the current progress of the alert as it is worked on by the assigned users.
Optional: Select the Associated Objects drawer on the right to view any objects that are associated with the alert, such as a reconciliation or transaction, or an associated alert.
For Transaction Matching alerts, the transactions associated with this alert are grouped by data source. A number displayed on the right of the data source name indicates the total transactions within this data source that are associated with this alert. Click the name of the data source to view all those transactions. This will open the Transactions tab of the Matching card.
Optional: Click the Alerts drawer on the right to create or select an existing alert.
To create a new alert for the alert, click Create Alert and enter the alert information.
To associate an existing alert with the object, click Existing Alert and select an alert from the Alert list.
By default, the alerts from the current period are displayed. You can change the filter to select alerts from any period.
- Optional: Click the Attributes tab on the right to input values for an attribute that is enabled for your role. For example, if you are the Assignee, you can input values for attributes that were given read-write access for the Assignee role. Optional: Click the Questions tab on the right to answer questions that are enabled for your role. For example, if you are the Assignee, you can answer questions that were given read-write access for the Assignee role. If you are the Owner (the user who created the alert), you can also be asked questions. This allows key details to be gathered from the user experiencing the issue.
Optional: Click the Comments drawer. on the right to enter a new comment, and then click Post.
If there are saved comments, they are displayed in chronological order below the entry area, with the latest comments first. If there are multiple comments, the system displays the number of additional comments.
Once you add a comment in the Comments drawer, you can attach a file or link to a URL as a reference:
Click File, select and attach a file, and then click OK.
Click Link, enter a URL, and click OK.
Optional: Click the Viewers tab on the right to add Viewers to the Alert.
To select Viewers from the Member Selector, click Add , enter or select the name of the user, group or team that will have View access to the alert, and then click OK.
To add a user outside the system who needs to be notified about the alert, click Add External User . Enter a user Email Address, select a Notification Priority, and then click OK.
An external user will not have any visibility or access to the alert, they will only receive notifications about it.
Notifications will be sent for the priority level or Higher. For example, if set to High, the notification will only be sent when the alert is set to High. If set to Low, then they will be notified for all priority levels (Low, Medium, High).
- Optional: Click the History tab to view all actions performed since the Alert was created. This is a read-only tab.