You can export from a viewpoint that is bound to a dimension back to a Enterprise Profitability and Cost Management application.
Nodes are exported starting with the top node of the node set. For example, a dimension can contain United States, and all states. If the node set's top node is Texas, only Texas and the nodes under it are exported.
|Your Goal||Watch This Video|
Learn about exporting dimensions.
It's a best practice to validate the viewpoint bound to the dimension prior to export to ensure data integrity, see Understanding Validations and Constraints.
Use the Validate Before Export option to validate the viewpoint automatically when you export a dimension. See Managing Export Options.
Before you begin:
- To export, you need a minimum of Data Manager permission on the application or dimension that you are exporting from.
- When you register an Enterprise Profitability and Cost Management application, nodes and hierarchical relationships are imported and displayed in the order they were in the application. Nodes and hierarchical relationships are exported in the order they are in Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud. If you want nodes and hierarchical relationships to be exported in alpha numeric order, you can open the dimension's hierarchy set and clear Use Custom Order.
- You can edit the binding keys for a dimension to change the order of the export columns or to specify the direction of each column in the export file. See Editing Binding Keys.
- You can export a defined keyword instead of a null or blank value. See Managing Export Options.
- You can export dimensions to:
- A local csv (comma-delimited) file for each dimension.
- A zip file in the Enterprise Profitability and Cost Management application inbox,
using a connection that was setup at registration. The zip file contains a
csv file for each dimension.
You can view connection settings by inspecting the application. From Applications, scroll to your application, click , then select Inspect, and then select Connection.
To export a dimension:
From Applications, find your application, then click , and then select Export.
Select the dimension to export.
Optional: In the Summary section, click the dimension name to modify the export options for the dimension in the inspector. See Inspecting Dimensions.
From Export Target, select File or Connection, and then do one of the following:
If you selected Connection, select a connection to export to, specify an export file name, and then click Export.
If you selected File, an export file name is generated. The default file name is Application Name_Dimension Name_Date, for example Profitability_Account_20221223.csv, and can be edited before running the export. Your browser settings define the download location. Accept or edit the default filename, and then click Export.
Optional: After the export is complete, if there are validation errors in the export you can click the viewpoint name to open the viewpoint and resolve them. See Resolving Validation Issues. When you have finished resolving the validation issues, from the viewpoint window click Return to Export to return to the export screen.
You can also export dimensions using EPM Automate (see exportDimension in Working with EPM Automate for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud) or a REST API (see Exporting Dimensions in REST API for Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service).
After you export the dimension, you can import the data into your external application dimension, see Importing Metadata in Administering and Working with Enterprise Profitability and Cost Management.
The application export manages the node-level properties for shared nodes to comply with the requirements of Enterprise Profitability and Cost Management.