Uploading and exporting mappings for signature rules
The upload mappings functionality allows companies with large sales teams to easily manage signature rules by directly importing signature mappings from an Excel or CSV file. This eliminates the need for manual mappings, and greatly streamlines the signature mapping process for large sales teams.
Example: If a company has a sales team with 20,000 sales representatives, manually managing the mappings would be extremely difficult. Uploading the mappings directly is more efficient and prevents the need to manually edit.
You can also export the mappings, edit them in Excel, and then upload again, enabling the processing to be done outside of the Oracle Eloqua interface.
Note: See Creating signature rules if you have not already configured a signature rule.
Navigate to Assets > Email Setup, then click Signature Rules.
Double-click the desired signature rule to open the Email Signature Rule settings window.
- Click Actions , then select Upload Mappings to open the upload interface.
- Add a name for the import and specify the file type and import purpose:
- Import Source: Choose from the drop-down menu. The data source must be an Excel, or a Deliminated file
- Import Purpose: Choose from the drop-down menu. This specifies how your rule's signature mappings will be handled. Update and Append deletes existing rules and replaces them with the new values, but retains any mappings not addressed in the upload. Remove and Replace deletes all existing rules and replaces them entirely with the newly uploaded mappings.
- Click and browse to the upload files. After a few seconds you are shown a preview of your uploaded data. If the data seems correct, click Next Step.
Double-click on the Target Field column to map your source file's fields to the appropriate target fields.
Note: The Email Sender can be mapped to either user name or email address.
- Click Next Step when you have finished mapping.
- Input your email address to receive a notification when your upload is complete, then click Finish.
The system will process the signature mappings. You can watch and wait until the processing is complete, or close your window and the upload will continue to process in the background. If you provided an email address, Oracle Eloqua sends you an email notification when the upload is complete.
- Navigate to Assets > Email Setup, then click Signature Rules.
- Double-click the desired signature rule to open the Email Signature Rule settings window.
- Click Actions , then select Export Mappings to open the export interface.
- Enter an email address to receive a download link when your export is complete. Specify your desired data format in either CSV or Excel.
- Click Export.
Oracle Eloqua sends you an email with a link to download the Excel or CSV file, you can edit any mappings and then re-upload.