Previewing emails allows you to quickly validate your email content using different contacts and screen sizes. No emails are sent when you preview and you cannot preview using different email clients. However, previewing your emails allows you to review your dynamic content and check how your email adapts to different screen sizes.
Previewing allows you to view your message as a recipient in desktop, tablet, or mobile views. The preview includes the following parts of the email:
- The sender name, email address, and subject line
- The email sender's signature, populated with information based on
- The email header and footer
- All of the email content
Note: You cannot preview the email's preview text.
Before you begin:
- You must save your email before you can preview it.
- For emails developed in the Design Editor, review any notifications about potential responsive issues. Notification errors appear when the email content might not adjust to all screen sizes. Click the notification icon to view a list of all validation errors.
To preview an email:
- Navigate to Assets , then click Emails.
- Open an the email or create a new one.
- Click Actions > Preview.
The Preview Email window opens.
- Search for a contact to use for the preview, then click Preview.
Tip: You can select multiple contacts. Use standard keyboard shortcuts to select up to 10 contacts.
- Click the Desktop, Tablet, or Mobile tabs to view the email in different displays. You can click to view the email in both portrait and landscape views.