Creating or updating leads, contacts, or accounts in your CRM system
The Run Integration Rules form-processing step creates or updates contacts or accounts in your integrated CRM system. Use it to ensure that submitted data is consistent across your marketing and sales data environment, so that it is ready for use in targeting, segmentation, lead scoring, and reporting.
When configuring this form processing step, you specify the integration rules you want to invoke to move the contact data. You can manually specify the integration rule set or you can use one of the following options:
- Use a picklist - Use this option if the form contains information that you can configure Oracle Eloqua to use to determine the integration rule set to be used. See Using picklists with form processing steps for more information.
- Use the value of a form field - Use this option if your form specifies the integration rule set. For example, if different regions use their own CRM integration, you can have separate forms each region, and use hidden form fields to specify the appropriate rule set.
For more information on CRM integration see the following topics:
To create or update leads, contacts, or accounts in your CRM:
- Open a form or create a new one.
- Click Processing.
- Click in the left pane.
- Double-click Run Integration Rules
- Choose how you want to select the integration rules:
Option Steps Manually specify the rule set
- Select Always run the same integration rule set.
- On the Choose an integration Rule Set drop-down menu, select the rule set.
Use a picklist
- Select Use a picklist to select the integration rule set in the Choose how the destination integration rule is selected drop-down list.
- Identify the picklist in the form by selecting the form field on the Choose a form field drop-down list.
- On the Use a Lookup Table drop-down list, select the table that maps the picklist options to the corresponding rule set.
Use a form field
- Select Use the value of a form field to select the integration rule set in the Choose how the destination rule set is selected drop-down list.
- On the Choose a form field drop-down list, select the field that identifies the rule set.
- If you need to review or modify the rule set, click Edit Integration Rule Sets.
- To override the default key field mapping, click Advanced Settings and select the form field to use for contact mapping.
Note: The Key Field Mapping window, which you access by clicking the @ icon in the bottom, left-hand corner of the screen, is where you map a form field to a contact record field. If you have an Email Address field in your form, the Key Field Mapping is set to Email Address by default. You can change that configuration or you can override it as described in this step.
- Specify when to process this step.
- Click Save.