Validating recipients involves checking all email recipients against the Oracle Eloqua directory.
The validation process is always triggered automatically in the following cases:
- When a recipient is manually added to the recipient list
- When the contact lookup dialog is closed
- When an email is previewed
- When an email is sent
The validation process determines whether email recipients match certain conditions and all validation issues must be fixed in order to send the tracked email:
- Are the recipients Oracle Eloqua contacts? To fix the issue, add recipients as contacts.
- Is all the information required for field merges in the selected template complete? To fix the issue, add the missing contact information required for the field merges in the template.
- Can the email be sent to all contacts? For example, have any contacts unsubscribed or will be bounced back? To fix the issue, remove any contacts who are excluded.
A green checkmark is displayed once all validation issues have been resolved and the tracked email can be sent.