Configuring an Oracle Responsys connection
Configuring a connection to Oracle Responsys allows Oracle Infinity to connect to your instance of Responsys. When this connection is used in the configuration of an action, it can be used to deliver data from Infinity to the campaigns or programs you’ve configured in Responsys. Infinity data can then be used in your Responsys campaign for personalization, or for triggering your campaign based on behavioral data detected in real-time by Infinity.
In this topic, you'll learn about:
- The pre-requisites for configuring a Responsys connection
- The steps for configuring a Responsys connection
- Before you can configure a connection to Responsys, you must have a role assigned to you with the Manage Connections user right.
- Create an Infinity user account in Responsys.
If you create a Trigger REI Event destination type, you will need to create a service request through My Oracle Support to access the feature.
- Sign into your Responsys account.
- Go to the Account Management page.
- Under the User Management section, click Add User.
- For Login name, create one using the following naming scheme: infinity_api_<business name>, and replace <business name> with the name of your business, with no spaces or special characters.
- For Email address, enter the email address of the user who will be managing this user account.
- For User Status, select Active.
- For User locale, select the desired language.
- For full standard API functionality, select all of the following under the Roles Assignment section. Do not select other roles for the API user. See here to learn more about creating API users in Responsys.
- Analytics Web Services Manager
- Campaign Web Services Manager
- Content Web Services Manager
- Folder Web Services Manager
- List Web Services Manager
- Program Web Services Manager
- Table Web Services Manager
- Click the Organization Assignment tab (if present), and then select Root. Objects created through the API inherit the organizational membership of the API user.
- Scroll to the top and click the Create button when complete. You should be redirected to the Account Management page.
For more details on how to create a user account, see the Responsys Help Center.
To begin receiving retargeting data in your Responsys account from Infinity, you’ll first need to establish a connection between the two systems. This is done by creating a Responsys user account with web services access. The account will be used as the login when creating a connection in Infinity.
- From the Connections page, click to create a new connection.
- Select the connection type. In this case, click the Responsys card.
- Enter the Connection details.
- Connection Name – Enter a name that will help you easily identify this connection.
- Description – Enter a description for how this connection may be used.
- Responsys Pod– Select a pod name from the drop-down list if your account uses one of the standard Responsys pod, or select WS End Point to enter an account-specific login URL. When you select WS End Point, the WS End Point Value field is displayed. Enter the Web Services API URL that is specified in your Responsys settings (Account > Global Settings > Account Configuration).
- User Name – Enter the user name you wish to use to connect to this Responsys pod.
- Password – Enter the corresponding password.
- Click Save and Continue. This will validate whether or not Infinity can successfully connect to Responsys. If successful, you’ll continue to the Destinations screen. Otherwise, the Connection Details will need to be updated, or you can click Cancel.
- Click to create a new destination you want to include in this Responsys connection. These destinations relate to the type of campaigns or programs you’ve configured in Responsys.
- Select the type of destination you want to create.
- Supplemental Table: Choose this type when you want to connect to a supplemental table in Responsys. See the Destination Types table below to learn more about supplemental tables.
- Trigger Custom Event: Enables you to connect to Trigger Custom Events. See the Destination Types table to learn more about custom events.
- Trigger REI Event: Triggers an REI Event for Profile List, Channel List, and Web Push recipients. See the Destination Types table to learn more about REI events.
- Repeat steps 5-8 if you wish to create more destinations.
- Click Done.
This connection can now be used when configuring an action to deliver data from Infinity to Responsys for campaign personalization, activating Responsys programs, and more. See An overview of Actions to learn more.
Supplemental Tables in Responsys store relevant information for each record that can be drawn upon for personalization of a campaign message or form document.
|Trigger Custom Event||
A custom event in Responsys is a signal from an external source (for example, Infinity) that alerts Oracle Responsys when notable customer activity occurs and should be recorded, or alternatively when a notable activity occurs to a customer.
Custom events serve as entries into a published Responsys Program and can be triggered by an API call from Infinity, for example.
To learn more, view the Responsys documentation about Custom Events.
|Trigger REI Event||
In the Responsys Event Interface (REI), users can manage event variables and edit events, as well as create or delete events. They can also view programs that are using an event, as well as manage the Geofence and Beacon location-based events from REI.
To learn more, view the Responsys documentation about Responsys Event Interface.
Information about the Responsys Trigger Custom Event