SuiteScript 2.x RESTlet Script Type
A RESTlet is a SuiteScript that you make available for other applications to call, either from an external application or from within NetSuite. When an application or another script calls a RESTlet, the RESTlet script executes and, in some cases, returns a value to the calling application.
RESTlets can be useful when you want to bring data from another system into NetSuite, or if you want to extract data from NetSuite. RESTlets can also be used, in combination with other scripts, to customize the behavior of a page within NetSuite.
For more details, see the following sections:
You can use SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) to manage RESTlet scripts as part of file-based customization projects. For information about SDF, see SuiteCloud Development Framework Overview. You can use the Copy to Account feature to copy an individual RESTlet script to another of your accounts. Each RESTlet script page has a clickable Copy to Account option in the upper right corner. For information about Copy to Account, see Copy to Account Overview.
You can use SuiteScript Analysis to learn about when the script was installed and how it performed in the past. For more information, see Analyzing Scripts.
Related Support Articles
- SuiteScript 2.x Script Types
- SuiteScript 2.x Bundle Installation Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x Client Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x Map/Reduce Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x Mass Update Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x Portlet Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x Scheduled Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x Suitelet Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x User Event Script Type
- SuiteScript 2.x Workflow Action Script Type