To prepare your application, you load the following data:
- Book Data, including Trial Balance and Tax Return data
- Tax Account Data, including Permanent and Temporary adjustments, and tax loss and credit adjustments
- Payments and Refunds for Tax Rollforward
- Average Number of Employees (for Country by Country reporting)
Before you load data, ensure you are meet the following conditions:
- Load only to base members
- Ensure data contains only valid target amounts
- Ensure approval units to which you are loading are not already locked
After you import dimensions, you can populate data by importing data files.
To import data, you must be a Service Administrator or Power User.
You can load data using a text file with sections that map the file data to dimensions. When you load multiple data files, they are loaded in sequential order.
If you have a file that is not in the required format for Tax Reporting, or you need to control when the integration process exceeds the native data load utility, Service Administrators can set up profiles, create the data load rules, define mappings, and load data from an external system. See Importing and Exporting Data Using Data Management
To import data, perform these tasks:
- Create an import file for each artifact that you want to import. See Creating the Data Import File.
- Load the import file or files (you can import multiple dimension files at the same time). See Loading the Data Import File.
Note:Do not run reports, books, or batches while data is being loaded.
You can view this video: Overview: Loading Data in Tax Reporting Cloud.