Ownership management consists of managing global consolidation settings and the application of those consolidation settings to each entity hierarchy on a scenario-by-scenario, year-by-year and period-by-period basis.
Ownership settings are applied to each Entity parent/child combination for each Scenario, Year and Period combination.
Note:Ownership is not currently supported in Country by Country Reporting (CbCR). Instead, you will see 100% rollup.
To access the Ownership Management screen:
- On the Home page, click Application and then click Consolidation to display the Manage Ownership screen.
- Select the Entity parent member for which to view the hierarchy.
- Select the Scenario, Year, and Period.
- Click the Update arrow button to update the screen to the selected POV.
You can expand or collapse the hierarchy as required.
- Click the Parent/Child button to view the full hierarchy.
- Click the Parent/Legal Entity button to see the ultimate ownership settings for each parent with each of its descendant legal entities. Note that currently all base entities are deemed to be Legal Entities).
Initially, all members will inherit the following settings:
Ownership %: 100
Consolidation Method: Subsidiary
Consolidation %: 100
Minority Interest %: 0
The only exception will be any shared entities (for example, where an entity exists more than once in a single hierarchy). The first instance will inherit the settings noted above while each subsequent instance will have the following settings:
Ownership %: 0
Consolidation Method: Not Consolidated
Consolidation %: 0
Minority Interest %: 0
Ownership Management Reports
Two specialized Ownership Management reports have been created:
- TRCS_Ownership Detail is a read-only view of the Ownership data stored within Essbase. This data reflects what has been saved to Essbase when you click Save in the Ownership Management UI. All edits to the ownership data must be made through the Ownership Management UI. See Viewing TRCS_Ownership Detail.
- TRCS_Weighted Ownership Detail is a read-only view that enables you to review the Weighted Ownership Detail for each Jurisdiction and Member. See Viewing TRCS_Weighted Ownership Detail..
These values are calculated at consolidation time.
In addition, the following reports that are documented in the Working with Tax Reporting guide, have been impacted by Ownership Management, and display columns on the reports:
- Tax Losses and Credits National
- Tax Losses and Credits Regional
- Temporary Differences
- Temporary Differences Regional
- Deferred Tax
- Deferred Tax Regional
- Deferred Tax Post DTNR
- TAR Regional
- Current Tax Payable
- Current Tax Payable Regional
- Fixed Assets