Diagnostic Modules: Create a Diagnostic System Module
Configuration Options Related Tasks Related Topics
Use this page to create a diagnostic system module. After you create a module, configure it by clicking the name of the module and entering the appropriate information in the tabs on the Settings for [Module] page for the module. In a diagnostic module, you can configure:
- Policies and actions
- Instrumentation (diagnostic monitors)
To simplify the process of creating a module, you can use one of the built-in diagnostic modules as a template. You can then customize the module configuration as desired.
Once you create the module, you can target it to one or more stand-alone servers and/or servers in clusters.
Note: As of WebLogic Server 12.2.1, the terms watch and notification are replaced by policy and action, respectively. However, the definition of these terms has not changed.
Name Description Name
The user-specified name of this MBean instance.
This name is included as one of the key properties in the MBean's
Optional short description of this WLDFSystemResource. If provided, the WebLogic Server Administration Console will display the resource description.
- Create diagnostic system modules
- Create a diagnostic system module using a built-in for a template
- Configure diagnostic system modules
- Configure metric collection for a diagnostic system module
- Configure policies and actions
- Configure instrumentation for a diagnostic system module