You use the Job window to define jobs, the skills that jobholders require, and the grades to which they can be assigned. You can also enter job evaluation scores, if you have set up a job evaluation system.
Define all the segments of the Job Name key flexfield that you want to use for the job name.
If there are one or more valid grades to enter for this job, check that these grades are defined.
To define a job:
1. Enter a start date early enough to handle any historical information you want to enter.
2. Enter a unique name for the job. If there is more than one segment in the Job Name flexfield, a window opens when you enter the Name field. You must enter a unique combination of segments in this window.
4. Choose the Evaluation button to enter evaluation information and an overall evaluation score for the job.
5. Choose the Requirements button to enter job requirements, such as required qualifications or valid experience, to help you match people to roles.
Note: Check with your HR manager or system administrator whether this is the right window for entering job requirements. You use this window if requirements were defined using Special Information Types. You use the Competency Requirements window if you have implemented Career Management.
6. Choose the Valid Grades button to enter the grades to which jobholders can be assigned.
Entering Evaluation Information
Entering Job and Position Skill Requirements
Entering Work Choices for a Job or Position