Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Configuring Session Communications > Defining Communications Events >
Creating Event Handlers
This section describes how to create event handlers, using the All Event Handlers view.
Associating an event response to an event handler is optional.
The Event Handlers view tab in the All Event Responses view lets you view the event handlers with which the current event response is associated.
The Associated Event Logs view tab in the All Event Handlers view lets you associate an event log with the event response that is associated with the current event handler. The procedure is the same as that described in the section Creating Event Responses.
In Step 6 in the following procedure, associating a profile with an event handler is optional. It can help you avoid collisions if the same device event is available in multiple drivers.
NOTE: If you are implementing a custom communications driver, see also Configuring Communications List of Values Types.
To create an event handler
- Navigate to Administration - Communications > All Event Handlers.
- In the Event Handlers list, add a new record.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the event handler.
- Specify the configuration to associate this event handler with:
- In the Configuration field, click the select button. The Pick Configuration dialog box appears.
- Scroll to display any additional records that are not shown, or use Query or Find to locate records matching certain criteria.
- Select an existing configuration with which you want to associate the event handler, then click OK.
- Specify the event response to associate this event handler with:
- In the Event Response field, click the select button. The Pick Event Response dialog box appears, displaying existing event responses associated with the same configuration as the event handler.
- Select an event response with which you want to associate the event handler, then click OK.
- Optionally, specify the profile to associate this event handler with:
- In the Profile field, click the select button. The Pick Profile dialog box appears, displaying existing profiles associated with the same configuration as the event handler.
- Select a profile with which you want to associate the event handler, then click OK.
The name of the communications driver for the profile is displayed along with that of the profile.
NOTE: If you change or remove a profile associated with the CTI configuration, you must update the values in the Profile field for the CTI configuration's event handlers.
- In the Device Event field, enter the name of the device event this event handler will match.
The device events you can specify are those supported by the communications driver for the associated profile, or special events.
- In the Order field, specify an integer representing the order in which this event handler will be checked, relative to other event handlers specifying the same device event.
- Enter any desired comments for the event handler.