Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Configuring Session Communications > Exporting and Importing Configuration Data >
Exporting Communications Configuration Data
Exporting communications configuration data from the database into a file can make it easier to review your configuration settings. You may want to do this before you put your system into production, or when you consult with Siebel Technical Support. Alternatively, you may prefer making communications configuration data modifications in text files, and then importing this data.
For instructions on exporting CTI configuration data from a previous version, such as release 6.x, see the Siebel CTI documentation (Siebel CTI Guide) for that version.
To export communications configuration data
- Navigate to Administration - Communications > All Configurations.
- In the Configurations list, select the configuration record for which you want to export data.
- Click Export Configuration, located at the top of the view.
The Export Configuration dialog box appears. It contains four export options:
- Configuration Parameters. Exports configuration parameters. This data is displayed in the All Configurations view, in the Configuration Parameters list.
- Commands. Exports commands and command data. This data is displayed in the All Commands and All Command Data views.
- Events. Exports event handlers, event responses, and event logs. This data is displayed in the All Event Handlers, All Event Responses, and All Event Logs views.
- Drivers and Profiles. Exports communications drivers and profiles. This data is displayed in the Communications Drivers and Profiles view.
- Click the applicable check boxes named in Step 3 to specify what kinds of data to export, then click Next.
The following message is displayed: "Please press OK button to begin exporting. The process may take several minutes. Please wait while exporting..."
- Click OK.
A File Download window prompts you to open or save this file.
- Specify whether to open or save the file, then click OK:
- If you choose to open, the .DEF file is opened in your default text editor.
- If you choose to save, you are prompted to choose a location and file name to save to. Click Save to export to this destination file.
NOTE: When you export a configuration, the prompted filename has the extension .DEF. However, files when exported may be appended by .txt or another extension, depending on your system.
- After the export has completed, close the Export Configuration dialog box.
- Rename the exported file to change the extension to .DEF.