Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Communications Operations for End Users > Sending Email, Fax, and Page Messages >
You can send a page, optionally including Siebel application content, to any recipient whose paging data is stored in the Siebel Database.
NOTE: The Send Page command requires the Page Manager server component. For more information about setting up and using Page Manager, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide.
To send a page
- Optionally, select a record of a contact, an employee, or another person for whom paging data is defined in the Siebel Database.
- Do one of the following:
- From the application-level menu, choose File > Send Page.
- Press Shift+F9.
- Click to the right of Initiate Work Item on the communications toolbar, then click Send Page, or click Initiate Work Item when "Send Page" is the displayed ToolTip text. See also Initiating Work Items.
- For the To field, do one or more of the following:
- Verify any recipient that was inserted automatically in previous steps.
- Click the select button to the right of the To field and explicitly specify an individual person from the Siebel Database.
- Specify page addressing information, including the pager company, paging phone number, and pager PIN, as appropriate.
- Optionally, for the Body drop-down list, choose the name of a communications template (of type Body) to insert into the message body.
Field substitution applies to template text upon insertion. For substitution to work correctly, the fields must exist in the current list or form (containing the focus) in the Siebel application.
You can insert more than one template. Any template you choose is appended to the existing text.
Templates listed here are subject to filtering based on channel and other factors. For details, see Template Visibility and Access.
- Optionally, enter free-form text, such as to modify or add to the template text, as appropriate.
- Optionally, check spelling for your message.
- Click Send.