Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing Siebel EAI Connector Software >
Installing the Siebel EAI Connector Support Files
Complete the following steps to install the Siebel EAI Connector support files on each server machine, using the information you recorded in your copy of the worksheet in Deployment Planning Worksheet.
NOTE: The following procedure is for installing the base product. For patch installation instructions, refer to the Maintenance Release Guide provided with the patch. See also About Installing Siebel Releases.
To install the Siebel EAI Connector support files
- Open a new shell and navigate to the Siebel image location for the current software version. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located.
For example, for Solaris, navigate to Siebel_Image/Solaris/Server/Siebel_Enterprise_Server.
- Siebel_Image = The directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
- Unset any Siebel-related environment variables, such as $SIEBEL_ROOT.
- Enter the following command. Optionally, append any flags described in Additional Flags for Installation Commands.
The Installer Welcome screen appears.
- Click Next.
If you have installed other Siebel components of the same version on the same machine, the installer displays the message that an existing installation has been found.
- Depending on whether you are installing your EAI files for the first time or adding a new language to an existing instance, take the appropriate action, then click Next:
- To install the server software in a new instance, select None as the default and click Next. Proceed to Step 6.
- To install a new language in an existing instance, select the displayed instance and click Next. Proceed to Step 8.
For additional information about installing multiple Language Packs, see Siebel Server Installation Requirements.
The Installer Path screen appears.
- Enter the fully qualified path to the $SIEBEL_ROOT directory and click Next.
The Component Selection screen appears.
- Select EAI Connector.
The Setup Type screen appears.
- Choose the type of installation to execute from the following options; then click Next to continue:
- Review the information and click Next to continue or Back to change the directory location.
If you have not installed Siebel Gateway Name Server or Siebel Server, the Language Selection screen appears.
- Select the languages for this server and click Next.
All servers are installed with at least one language, the primary (base) language. Additional languages can be installed at a later date, if desired. When installing languages at a later date, you must also reinstall any patch releases that were previously installed.
NOTE: Before you install Language Packs, see the information about code pages in Planning RDBMS Installation and Configuration.
The Installation Verification screen appears.
- To copy the files for the selected product into the installation location, click Next.
The Installer Progress screen appears.
The installer proceeds to install the specified files.
The Installer Language Pack Progress screen appears.
- Click Finish.
For Siebel EAI product configuration tasks, refer to the appropriate Siebel EAI Connector documentation on the Siebel Bookshelf.