Attaching the Slide-Rail Assemblies to the Rack
Complete the following procedures to attach the slide-rail assemblies to the rack.
Note - The slide rail assemblies support only racks with 9.5-mm square holes and M6
round holes. All other racks, including those racks with 7.2-mm, M5, or 10-32
mounting holes, are not supported. Refer to your rack documentation for information about
the size of its rail holes.
Attach Slide-Rail Assemblies
To attach slide-rail assemblies to the rack:
- (Optional) If you need to move the rack with the server installed, it
is recommended that you attach the slide-rail assembly with mounting screws and cage nuts.
Insert the cage nuts prior to performing Step 2. Refer to the Rail Rackmount Kit Overview and Information card
for instructions on inserting these cage nuts. This card is included with the
- Position a slide-rail assembly in your rack so that the slide-rail assembly front
bracket is on the outside of the front rack post and the slide-rail
assembly rear bracket is on the inside of the rear rack post (Attaching Slide-Rail Assembly to Rack).
- Align the slide-rail assembly mounting pins with the front and rear rack post
mounting holes. Then lock the assembly into place by pushing the assembly toward the
rear of the rack until the mounting pins engage the rack (Installing Slide-Rail Assemblies Onto Rack
and Slide-Rail Mounting Pins).
You will hear an audible click when the mounting pins engage the rack.
Note - The slide assembly mounting pins accommodate either 9.5-mm square mounting holes or M6
round mounting holes. No other mounting hole sizes are supported.
Figure 2-3 Installing Slide-Rail Assemblies Onto Rack
Figure 2-4 Slide-Rail Mounting Pins
- (Optional) If you chose to attach the slide-rail assembly with mounting screws and
cage nuts, insert the M6 mounting screws through both front and rear slide-rail
brackets and rack posts, then secure them with the caged nuts. (Attaching Slide-Rail Assembly to Rack).
Figure 2-5 Attaching Slide-Rail Assembly to Rack
- Repeat Step 2 through Step 4 for the remaining slide-rail assembly.
- If available, extend the anti-tip bar at the bottom of the rack (Extending the Anti-tip Bar).
Refer to your rack documentation for instructions.
Figure 2-6 Extending the Anti-tip Bar
Caution - If your rack does not have an anti-tip bar, the rack could tip