How to Replace the CMOD Battery (CRU)
The battery (type CR2032) is located on the motherboard. If a RAID
expansion module (REM) is installed in the server, you must first remove it
to access the battery.
Before You Begin
About Sun Server X2-8 CPU Modules and CMOD Filler Modules
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the CMOD on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- If the CMOD has a REM card installed, you must remove it
to access the battery. See How to Remove a RAID Expansion Module.
The REM card is supported for CMOD 0 (BL 0) only.
- Pry the battery out of the battery socket and remove from the server.
Note - Dispose of or recycle the battery in accordance with your local regulations and
- To install the new battery, place the battery on top of the
battery socket with the positive terminal (+) side facing upward, and carefully
push the battery into the socket until it sits flat.
- If necessary, install the REM card. See How to Install a RAID Expansion Module.
- Install the cover. See How to Install the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- Install the CMOD into the server. See How to Install a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Place the server in standby power mode. See Power Modes.
- Set the system clock and other BIOS settings. See How to Access the BIOS Setup Utility.
How to Prepare for Operation