Install a FEM
This procedure applies to any of the form factors of FEM cards that
are supported by this server module.
- Prepare for service.
See Preparing for Service.
- (If needed) Remove a FEM.
See Remove a FEM.
- Determine the correct set of motherboard FEM connectors for your FEM.
- Insert the FEM edge into the bracket and carefully align the FEM so
that the card connects with the correct motherboard connectors (panels 1 and 2).
- Lower the card and press the card into place (Panel 3).
If the card has rubber bumpers you can press directly on them to
seat the card into the connectors.
- Return the server module to operation.
See Returning the Server Module to Operation.