Replace the Battery
The battery maintains server module time when the server module is powered off.
If the server module fails to maintain the proper time when it is
powered off, replace the battery.
Use a CR2032 replacement battery.
- Prepare for service.
See Preparing for Service.
- Push the top of the battery forward, then lift the battery from the
holder (panel 1 and 2).
If you need more clearance, remove the DIMM in slot CMP0/BOB3/CH1/D0 (nearest the
battery). See DIMM Locations and Remove a DIMM.
- Install the replacement battery with the negative (-) side facing the nearby DIMM
- (If removed) Replace the DIMM in CMP0/BOB3/CH1/D0.
See Install a DIMM.
- Return the server module to operation.
See Returning the Server Module to Operation
- Access the Oracle ILOM prompt.
See Access the SP (Oracle ILOM).
- Set the clock's day and time.
-> set /SP/clock datetime=061716192011
-> show /SP/clock
datetime = Fri JUN 17 16:19:56 2011
timezone = GMT (GMT)
usentpserver = disabled