Remove the Server From the Rack
You must remove the server from the rack to service the following components:
Caution - The server weighs approximately 63 pounds (28.5 kg). Two people are required to
unmount and carry the chassis.
- Disconnect all the cables and power cords from the server.
- Remove the cable management arm (CMA).
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- From the front of the server, pull the green slide-rail release tabs toward
the front of the server, and pull the server out of the rack
until is free of the rack rails [1 and 2].
A slide-rail release tab is located on each slide-rail.
Figure 38 Removing the Server From the Chassis
- Set the server on a sturdy work surface.