Install a Plugin Globally
By default the SDK installation is a multiple user environment, as described in
User Directories. The typical plugin installation, described in Managing Plugins, affects only your user directory. To
install a plugin globally you must have write access to the SDK installation
- Choose Tools > Plugins to open the Plugins Manager.
- Click the Settings tab and then select Force install into shared directories.
- Click the Available Plugins tab, select the Install checkbox for the plugin and
click Install. You can also install manually downloaded plugins in the Downloaded tab.
- Follow the wizard instructions to complete the installation of the plugin.
- Restart the SDK to activate the new plugin, if necessary.
The SDK places .jar files and docs for globally installed plugins in the
SDK installation directory instead of in an individual user directory.