Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Incentive Compensation Calculations >
Clearing a Lock on Calculations
Occasionally, just after you start a calculation run, you may see the following error message:
The calculation run cannot proceed because some other calculation run is running and accessing the same data. Please restart your calculation run later.
This message appears when another calculation run has already accessed the same data set as yours. To maintain data integrity, Incentive Compensation only allows one calculation run to access Year-to-Date balances (such as YTD Gross Earnings, YTD Net Earnings), cap balances, draw balances and one time hurdle data for a specific plan participant.
If two runs try to access the data at the same time, the first run succeeds and a lock flag is set. The next run is stopped, and the error message appears. The calculation run releases the lock after it obtains the starting balances, allowing the next calculation run to access the data.
The error can also occur when another calculation run is halted abruptly before it finishes processing, and the lock flag is not reset.
If you see this error message, wait a few minutes and then restart the calculation run. If the message appears again, wait a few more minutes and try again.
If the attempts to reset the lock are unsuccessful, use the Clear Locks procedure to clear all locks. To clear a lock for a specific calculation run while other calculations are still running, you must use Siebel Tools. For more information, see Siebel Tools Reference.
To clear calculation locks using the Clear Lock method
- Verify that no calculation runs are processing.
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Server Administration > Tasks.
- In the Tasks list, click Query.
- Enter *ICM Calc Engine* in the Component field, and then click Go.
- Review the Task State field, and if no calculations are running, continue with the next step.
Otherwise, wait a few minutes and query again for ICM Calc Engine. When your query does not show any calculations, move to the next step.
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Incentive Compensation Tracking > Calculation Runs.
- In the Calculation Runs list, click the menu button and choose Clear Locks.
- After a delay of a minute, restart the calculation run.