Siebel Incentive Compensation Administration Guide > Sales Crediting >
Restarting the Sales Crediting Engine
You must restart the Sales Crediting Engine after the following modifications so that the system includes the changes:
- Hierarchy changes such as adding hierarchy versions or territories
- Hierarchy definitions such as new hierarchies, new sequence numbers, and new validation rules
For more information, see Sales Hierarchies.
NOTE: You can set the sequence of a hierarchy to 0 so that the sales crediting engine ignores the sales credit rules in this hierarchy. This may be useful during a test.
To restart the Sales Crediting Engine
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Server Administration > Servers.
- In the Servers list, click the Server Components view tab.
- In the Server Components list, select the Incentive Compensation Credit Assignment Engine.
- In the Server Components list, click Shutdown, and then click Start.